BOHA!™ Cloud Services and Apps Provide Comprehensive Functionality to Address
Array of Key Restaurant and Foodservice Industry Back-of-House Needs
Hamden, CT – May 15, 2019 – TransAct® Technologies Incorporated (Nasdaq: TACT) (“TransAct” or “the Company”), a global leader in software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets, announced today that it will debut BOHA!™, its comprehensive ecosystem of cloud-based SaaS apps and hardware solutions for restaurant and food service companies’ back-of-house operations, at the National Restaurant Association Show (“NRA 2019”) on May 18-21, 2019 in Chicago, Illinois. BOHA! is the industry’s first single-vendor solution to combine applications for Inventory Management, Temperature Monitoring of Food and Equipment, Timers, Food Safety Labeling, Food Recalls, Checklists & Procedures, Equipment Service Management and Delivery Management in a single platform. NRA 2019 attendees visiting TransAct’s booth (#6657) at McCormick Place will see how BOHA! effortlessly combines cloud-based SaaS applications with hardware and accessories to deliver superior results for critical back-of-house operations.
Bart C. Shuldman, Chairman and CEO of TransAct Technologies, said, “Since the launch of our new BOHA! ecosystem in late March, we have seen rapidly growing customer interest and very positive industry response to our compelling suite of integrated SaaS-based software applications and hardware solutions that help restaurant and foodservice operators automate their back-of-house operations. Now we turn our attention to the all-important National Restaurant Association Show where we will engage directly with industry participants and potential customers of all sizes in what is our largest-ever booth. Located in the heart of the North Hall’s TECH Pavilion, the TransAct showcase (#6657) will be a hub of activity as our purpose-built hardware, a full suite of software and complete array of label offerings are on display for the industry for the first time. Visitors will experience individual demonstrations of each of the ten BOHA! SaaS-based apps and each of our purpose-built BOHA! hardware offerings. These demonstrations will highlight how our software and hardware solutions combine to form the industry’s first single-vendor suite of integrated software applications and hardware solutions to automate their back-of-house operations.
“We believe this is an ideal time to bring BOHA! to market. Restaurant and food service companies are facing rising food and labor costs which have led them to re-think each area of their business. BOHA! is an ideal way for restaurant and foodservice operators to use automation and reduce tasks in the back-of-house to thereby help increase efficiency and lower costs. Its intuitive software interface is designed to reduce training time and make it easy for kitchen and other staff to properly implement its operations into their daily workflows. In addition, BOHA!’s single platform, the single portal solution provides the highest level of relevant features and functionality while eliminating the complexity of managing multiple software and hardware products from multiple vendors.”
BOHA! SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
The BOHA! ecosystem features the following SaaS-based apps and functionality:
- BOHA! Inventory: BOHA! Inventory provides the fastest and most accurate way to manage restaurant and foodservice inventory. BOHA! Inventory is a complete inventory management solution that allows any restaurant employee, not just managers, to enter inventory counts by scanning barcodes, tapping through a list, or using voice recognition. BOHA! Inventory users can also submit new food orders through the app which builds a “suggested” re-order based on previous usage data. Receiving is also simplified as BOHA! Inventory links distributor invoices to purchase orders and manages quality complaints, eliminating the need to call or manually submit information. BOHA! Inventory works on the BOHA! Handheld.
- BOHA! Temp: BOHA! Temp improves HACCP compliance and restaurant brand standards by effortlessly walking employees through each step of the required food temperature taking process. If an item is measured out of its specified temperature range, the app walks the employee through the necessary corrective action steps. BOHA! Temp also creates daily and weekly logs that can be provided to internal auditors or health inspectors. BOHA! Temp works on the BOHA! Handheld and is integrated with industry-leading Bluetooth temperature probes.
- BOHA! Sense: BOHA! Sense uses BOHA! Sensor IoT devices installed inside refrigerators, freezers, and walk-ins to monitor temperatures in real time. BOHA! Sensors connect via LoRa (Long Range) technology to transmit signals through walk-in refrigerators and freezers to the BOHA! Gateway which then delivers temperature readings to the cloud. When temperatures are measured out of range, BOHA! Sense alerts users via messages on the BOHA! Handheld and via text and email alerts. BOHA! Sense works on the BOHA! Handheld.
- BOHA! Checklist: BOHA! Checklist efficiently manages the scheduling of tasks – from opening and closing procedures to daily and monthly preventative maintenance tasks and much more – and tracks progress, ensuring the work is completed. BOHA! Checklist is supported on the BOHA! Terminal as well as on Android and iOS tablets.
- BOHA! Food Prep: BOHA! Food Prep calculates how much food to prep each day based on sales and inventory metrics. The app offers step-by-step prep instructions for each ingredient, including how-to-videos and associated documentation, directly on the BOHA! Terminal and allows users to print date code labels.
- BOHA! Labeling: TransAct’s offering for food safety and grab ‘n go labeling on the BOHA! Terminal has been fully re-developed as BOHA! Labeling. BOHA! Labeling allows restaurant and foodservice operators to put their menu and label designs in the cloud for easy set-up and review and to ensure compliance with company standards. Updates made in the BOHA! cloud can be delivered to BOHA! Terminals in real time. BOHA! Labeling can be combined with Media Library to give employees access to training materials, recipe cards, how-to videos, plating instructions and much more.
- BOHA! Food Recall: BOHA! Food Recall fully automates the food recall and withdrawal process, ensuring increased compliance. Restaurants are instantly alerted if they are carrying affected product and employees are given instructions on how to proceed, automating workflows as well as delivering talking points on the recall for use with customers. BOHA! Food Recall also delivers alerts and notifications via e-mail and text messages.
- BOHA! Service: Managing service and warranties for restaurant equipment can be trying for even the best operators. With BOHA! Service, operators can request equipment maintenance and receive, edit, approve and pay for service from approved service providers, all within the app. Service records are tracked in a blockchain network for the life of the equipment. BOHA! Service works on the BOHA! Handheld.
- BOHA! Delivery: BOHA! Delivery is a powerful tool for restaurant operators that want to eliminate the need for multiple tablets and printers when using multiple online ordering systems. BOHA! Delivery will aggregate delivery orders on the BOHA! Terminal and allow for printing of work order labels to properly stage and prepare customer orders as well as tamper-proof labels that ensure customers receive their orders without interference from drivers or other parties.
- BOHA! Timer: The newest addition to the BOHA! app lineup, BOHA! Timer automates timed functions by creating easy-to-use timers for cooked, cooled and prepped food items, as well as for non-food items or tasks that require time tracking. The app can also alert employees to temp items during a cool down process or for miscellaneous items such as sanitizer or cleaning products and features expired timers that are loud enough to be heard in a busy kitchen. BOHA! Timer integrates with BOHA! Temp and works on the BOHA! Tablet and BOHA! Terminal.
BOHA! HARDWARE SOLUTIONS
The BOHA! ecosystem features the following hardware solutions:
- BOHA! Terminal: BOHA! Terminal is purpose-built to revolutionize how kitchen staff prepare and label food and grab ‘n go items. It features two label printers and a large touch-screen for displaying graphics and videos for recipe cards, plating instructions, and other training and onboarding materials. BOHA! Terminal includes TEMS (TransAct Enterprise Management System™) to ensure only approved apps and functions are available on the device. TEMS also allows TransAct to deliver over-the-air app, operating system and security updates directly to each BOHA! Terminal.
- BOHA! Handheld: BOHA! Handheld is a powerful, rugged mobile device, specifically developed for use in restaurant and food service kitchens. Water and food particles are the fact of life in kitchens and IP67 compliance ensures the BOHA! Handheld performs day in and day out. BOHA! Handheld is equipped with an extended battery to accommodate even the longest shifts. Its integrated infrared scanner also allows for use with the BOHA! Inventory app.
- BOHA! Sensor and BOHA! Gateway: BOHA! Sensor monitors the temperature inside refrigerators, and freezers and walk-in equipment as well as dry storage areas. BOHA! Sensor uses LoRaWAN signal technology, which allows for signals to communicate through metal, to ensure that temperature readings are delivered in real time to the BOHA! Gateway. BOHA! Gateway is the hub that aggregates temperature readings from all BOHA! Sensors and sends the data to the cloud.
TransAct will also demonstrate at the 2019 National Restaurant Association Show a critical component to the BOHA! ecosystem, the Company’s full lineup of TransAct Labels which are specifically designed to work with the thermal printers featured in the BOHA! Terminal. TransAct Labels are FDA-compliant and engineered for high-quality printing, making them perfectly suited for the rigors of the commercial kitchen and well equipped to reduce the threat of paper jams. TransAct Labels are available in four adhesive types which cover all kitchen labeling needs – permanent, removable, removable film and dissolvable – and offer a wide variety of sizes.
Mr. Shuldman concluded, “Our entire BOHA! team has been focused on developing what we believe to be the industry’s most revolutionary solution for managing critical back-of-house operations. This is an exciting time for TransAct and the industry as we bring result of our efforts to Chicago where we can engage with restaurant and foodservice operators of all sizes as we demonstrate how BOHA! can deliver clear and measurable improvements to their bottom line while greatly enhancing employees’ ability to take the customer experience to a whole new level. The 2019 NRA Show is an important milestone for our Company and we are looking forward to speaking with current and prospective customers alike. Our team is also looking forward to showcasing our commitment to service as we become key partners and our solutions become a vital part of our customers’ day-to-day business operations.”
For more information on the Company’s BOHA! ecosystem, please visit www.transact-tech.com/restaurant-solutions/boha
About TransAct Technologies Incorporated
TransAct Technologies Incorporated is a global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including restaurant solutions, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the BOHA!™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER and Printrex® brands. TransAct has over 3.0 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base. Through the TransAct Services Group, the Company also provides customers with a complete range of supplies and consumable items both online at http://www.transactsupplies.com and through its direct sales team. TransAct is headquartered in Hamden, CT. For more information, please visit http://www.transact-tech.com or call (203) 859-6800.
BOHA! is a trademark of TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. ©2019 TRANSACT Technologies Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Certain statements in this press release include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may", "will", "expect", "intend", "estimate", "anticipate", "believe" or "continue" or the negative thereof or other similar words. All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, customer acceptance and market share gains, both domestically and internationally, in the face of substantial competition from competitors that have broader lines of products and greater financial resources; our competitors introducing new products into the marketplace; our ability to successfully develop and introduce new products and the acceptance of such products in the marketplace; our dependence on significant customers; our dependence on significant vendors; dependence on contract manufacturers for the assembly of a large portion of our products in Asia; our ability to protect intellectual property; our ability to recruit and retain quality employees as the Company grows; our dependence on third parties for sales outside the United States, including Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; the economic and political conditions in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Asia; marketplace acceptance of new products; risks associated with foreign operations; the availability of third-party components at reasonable prices; price wars or other significant pricing pressures affecting the Company's products in the United States or abroad; risks associated with potential future acquisitions; the risk that our new line of food safety and oil and gas products will not drive increased adoption by customers; and other risk factors detailed in TransAct's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and the Company assumes no duty to update them to reflect new, changing or unanticipated events or circumstances.